Don't Go. Stay.

My mother and two brothers will be migrating to Australia in a few days. My mother have been fighting her whole life. Like a seasoned guerilla, fighting is all she knows how to live. Living there will not be easy, not in this economy. I personally think it's a reckless decision but who am I to tell her what to do with her life?

She taught me everything there is to know about life. She taught me how to think outside the box, how to be a good salesman and how to stand up on my own feet. The most precious life lessons she gave me was her own life: her mistakes and achievements, her ups and downs, her rise and fall and the pattern of it all. I commended her for her fiery spirit but condemned her for the coals she used to sustain that fire.

And despite everything that happened between us,

I still and will always love her.

No comments: