It'll be my very first action video clip. Loads of car action, extreme action, action action and it's going to be well made, unlike this video:
This a tribute video dedicated to Samson the Dead Rat.
I prefer Mufti Johor, Datuk Mohd Tarir's excuse which is its haram "Because Muslims are required to take care of their own lives," Mohd Tahrir said.
If the novel is a popular, layman friendly and plot-driven piece of work, watching the movie first and the novel afterwards is advisable because:
1. You will not be satisfied with the movie's selection of scenes, script and flow of events and will regard the movie as being 'not as good as the book'.
2. Other people who have not read the book will feel annoyed by your constant ranting on what really happened in the book. Yes, we will either hate you for being a wet blanket or be indifferent with your 'Hermione' moment.
Example of novel/movie: Harry Potter, Slumdog Millionaire, Eragon, Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, Davinci Code their sequels.
If you just found out that a movie adapted from a fantasy novel is about to be released and you haven't read the novel yet, please consider whether or not you're capable of reading high fantasy novels because it's not for everyone. If you're not a fan of high fantasy (because if you already are, you must have read the novel years before the movie) it is advisable that you don't read the novel at all and proceed watching the movie because:
1. When elves speak their kin language in movies, there will be substitles. In novels, you have to learn Elvish.
2. Something that might have taken five days to understand in high fantasy novels can be understood in 5 minutes in movies.
Example of novel/movie: Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, The Dark is Rising, The Golden Compass
If the novel is chic lit in nature, it doesn't matter whether you've read the novel or not before the movie because:
1. The movie compliments the novel. Chic lit novels are often less expressive and are scarce with narratives so the movie will paint a better picture of the background setting, character developments and overall feel.
2. The movie will enhance reading pleasure of the following sequels. Even the authours of chic lit novels will be influenced by the first adapted movie and will fashion their sequels to be in sync with the movie.
3. The plot in the movie will always be different from the adapted novel. Sometimes the script writers even went as far as to change the ending so for those who have read the adapted novel, it's like watching an entirely different story
Example of novel/movie: The Devil Wears Prada, Confession of a Shopaholic, Twilight (yes yes, Twilight is a chic lit. It's okay if you still think it's a fantasy chronicle. We understand)
If the novel is a piece of advance literature, it is advisable to read the novel more than once before watching the movie because:
1. There is a certain expectation when a movie is made based on a work of great literature so make sure you check the reviews made by pompous assed dick warts first before reading the novel.
2. Whether or not it is produced by a big Hollywood production company or a small time art house, you will find that reading the novel first will give you more insights when you watch the film. (I don't know why but when a movie is adapted from a piece of literature, people will call it a film, not a movie)
Example of novel/film: The Trial, The Cider House Rules, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Mrs Dalloway, Atonement
Mr Abdul Halim Bustaman needs help. With his math and his brain. If you think his genius math techniques are relevant in this world and would like to have him as your children's math teacher, call him up: 013-6655254. If not, don't tell me that he's not crazy because otherwise you'll contradict yourself.
And that (self-contradiction) is the first sign of being Mental!
I taught Suhail how to ice-skate. I'm a self-made expert mostly because I'm a competent roller blader. It was his birthday so I decided that the best gift is to teach him a useless but cool skill. A few days later I realized how gay we might have looked to curious spectators. Yelah, holding a male friend's hand and ankles around the ice rink is not exactly heterosexual-looking.
I've never been beaten in Scrabbles my whole life. Seriously. Never. I am very competitive in games like Scrabble or Sahiba that I will do anything there is to do to win including using dirty and suggestive words. Me No Shy. Check out my recent win in the picture above. Notice the word orgy, dicks (and pixie?) Yeah, tact is no longer relevant when playing scrabbles.
I cried because I had creative differences with the photographer.
They called it Sushi Tak Jadi. I don't blame them, they don't understand art.
She taught me everything there is to know about life. She taught me how to think outside the box, how to be a good salesman and how to stand up on my own feet. The most precious life lessons she gave me was her own life: her mistakes and achievements, her ups and downs, her rise and fall and the pattern of it all. I commended her for her fiery spirit but condemned her for the coals she used to sustain that fire.
And despite everything that happened between us,
I'm known to be a glutton. My friends even go as far as to call me Lubang Hitam and Perut Tujuh. But I never get myself fat so far. I've been plump, berisi and 'sihat' but never fat. This is because everytime I go back to campus, the food there is disgusting and the cafeterias serve the same bloody thing everyday so I will restrain myself from eating these unGodly abominations.
But what will happen when I graduate? When I work? Delicious food will be in abundance and I might not be able to control my weight anymore.
I weighed myself last night and discovered that I'm the heaviest I've ever been! 78kg. "Hey wait, I don't look 78kg!" I then stripped off my shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. My abs are no longer visible. My chest looks like sacks of flour. My whole physique looks sloppy and slightly mutated. The initial thought that ran through my mind was "What the Fuck?"
So I made a bet with my brother Hadi to motivate me to start leading a healthy lifestyle with exercise and nutritional diet. In two weeks, we will weigh each other and whoever lose the most weight will win. The loser has to dance to Katey Perry's Hot and Cold in front of a camera and youtube it!
Who will be The Biggest Loser?
Follow my twitter to follow my Two Weeks Biggest Loser progress.