The Day Before the Day After Tomorrow

Sepahchendra Palace


I'll be turning 21 tomorrow. 21. Oh my God. 21. I'm officially an adult.
Gosh. Aisehmen. Alamak.
A Man. That's a word I will learn to deserve and when I do, I will own up to it.
Unlike any of my past birthdays, this year's is a bit different because I reflected my life a week before my birthday. A week of contemplation is a selfless journey back to infancy. I locked myself in my room to sketch, write, read and plan. I swam every night, spinning, twirling in the womb-like warmth of my conscienceness despite the icy cold pool water. All this, all this to prepare myself for tomorrow.
Tomorrow.
Tonight will be the night of forgiveness. Tonight I will forgive those who had wronged me. Of all the people who had caused me strain, I am the capitan violater of myself thus forgiving myself is of vital importance. Let go. Let go and live. Let go and live and lead a life of greatness for life without greatness is the sea without its blue-green serenity, sun without its red-blue hue.
Tomorrow.
He who ascends to mountain-tops shall find
Their loftiest peaks most wrapt in clouds of snow;
He who surpasses or subdues mankind,
Must look down on the hate of those below.
Tho' high above the sun of glory glow,
far beneath the earth and ocean spread,
Round him are icy rocks, and loudly blow
Contending tempests on his naked head.

No comments: