Booolahoola

Been really really busy... My group's presentation is due tomorrow! but my outlook of BUSY is only about 9 hours a day. 9 hours of precision work on our 1:50 model. If you're not accustomed to scales, 1:50 is really really really small where miniature water taps are 0.3 cm.. and I'm responsible of all two life like models.

But in intervals; there's the mandi hujan, cycling on the fourth floor with a cat passenger, movies, meaningless laughter, uban pulling and heaps of ridiculous means of fun.


The picture above was taken after our mandi hujan.

It's in the time of distress that we appreciate simple routines of life. Food is heavenly once you starved every night, showers are sensual when you spent the whole day sweating, teh ais is... well, let's say that I smile at the abang air alot these days.

Stressful but fun. I haven't even touch my new found novel: Underground; it's a sign. I'm don't have any free time and I'm loving every bit of it. Well that's that. And aside from my newly washed clothes, there's no dampness in me at the moment.

But it'll soon end so I might as well savour every second of it.

DR. M and the three astronouts

Dr. Mahathir was about to send the first Malaysian rocket into space. Three potential astronauts were called for an interview - one Indian,one Malay and one Chinese.

He interviews the Indian first: "So, Muthu, this is a dangerous mission... how much do you think you should be paid for it?" Muthu thinks to himself and says, "1 million ringgit." "Why so much?" asks Dr M. "Nowadays toddy wery expensive, Datuk..." replies Muthu. "I see," said Dr M. "Thank you... please ask the Malay guy to come here."

So the Malay walks up, and is asked the same question. "Uh... 2 million boleh?" replies the Malay applicant. "2 million? That's a lot of money! Even the aneh before you only asked for one million!" "You see, Datuk," explained Mat. "I have 4 wives and 15 children...so, 20 of us in the family, we need a lot of money to support ourselves..." "I see," said Dr. M. "Okay, can you ask the Chinese guy to come in now?"

The Chinese guy comes in and Dr M asks, "Ah Chong, this is a dangerous mission... how much do you think you should be paid?" Ah Chong thinks for a while, and suddenly says, "3 million." Mahathir is shocked. "WHAT?! 3 million? Why so much?!" Ah Chong beckons Dr M to come closer and whispers, "One million you keep, one million I keep, and one more million to send the aneh into space."

This is one is a killer...

A college girl writes this letter to her parents:

Dear Mom and Dad:

It has now been three months since I left for college. I have been remiss in writing this and I am very sorry for my thoughtlessness in not having written before. I will bring you up to date now, but, before you read on, please sit down.

YOU ARE NOT TO READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE SITTING DOWN.OKAY! Well then, I am getting along pretty well now. The skull fracture and the concussion I got when I jumped out of the window of my dormitory when it caught fire shortly after my arrival are pretty well healed now.

I only get those sick headaches once a day. Fortunately the fire in the dormitory and my jump were witnessed by an attendant at the gas station near the dorm, and he was the one who called the fire department and the ambulance

He also visited me at the hospital and, since I had nowhere to live because of the burned out dormitory, he was kind enough to invite me to share his apartment with him.It's really a basement room, but it's kind of cute. He is a very fine boy and we have fallen deeply in love and are planning to be married. We haven't set the exact date yet, but it will be before my pregnancy begins to show.

Yes, Mother and Dad, I am pregnant. I know how much you are looking forward to being grandparents and I know you will welcome the baby and give it the love, devotion and tender care you gave me when I was a child.The reason for the delay in our marriage is that my boyfriend has some minor infection which prevents us from passing our pre-marital blood tests, and I carelessly caught it from him.

This will soon clear up with the penicillin injections I am having daily. I know you will welcome him into our family with open arms. He is kind and, although not well educated, he is ambitious.

lthough he is of a different race and religion than ours, I know your often expressed tolerance will not permit you to be bothered by the fact that his skin colour is somewhat different than ours.

I am sure you will love him as I do. His family background is good too, for I am told that his father is an important gun-bearer in the village from which he came.Now that I have brought you up to date, I want to tell you that there was no dormitory fire, I did not have a concussion or a skull fracture. I was not in the hospital, I am not pregnant, I am not engaged... there is no man in my life.

However, I am getting a 'D' in History and an 'F' in Science and I wanted you to see those marks in the proper perspective.Anyways, this news is better than those above.

Your Loving Daughter.

2 comments:

Chemistry Grad said...

first!

hahah~ i love the first story of DrM and mamat melayu cina dan india..

the second story, tak berapa dapat la..kinda blurr, baru balik library! sibook gak!

Anonymous said...

Don't u just love being busy?
it's such a satisfying high when uve accomplished the task.

& teh ais rule!!
;D

ps: read the girl's letter to parents' joke before. wanted to try w/ mine tapi tak jadi.

nice one on Dr.M..haha..

=)