Gubra



Gubra. By definition: anxiety, panic.
Gubra. I was by the way, in the best sense gabrah when my jiran wayang is A. Samad Said. Yikes. Gulp. No more trips to the loo during movie....

Gubra. The film has a steady flow of emotion with moods striking your vulnerable spots; triggering much anticipated tears and laughter. A film of much drama and yet, it remains a piece of art.

Gubra. Moving captions of lives. Intricately weaved, resulting a beautiful pattern, with complications but with clear visualization of our lost soul. Lost in love, relationship; lost, in life. Lost. Discovery, as it seems, is the essence of everything.. Of life and death. Of religeon and love. Of submission and passion. Of everything.

Gubra. How my tearducts functioned perfectly when the shadow of Orked's past struck me by surprise. The ringing cellphone. The letters. How could I not remember? But alas Gubra is a stage of many puppets, different backdrops, yet similar to its core foundation.

Gubra. The ignorance of misconception. The beauty of tragedy. A flower in the sea. Reflected yet aimlessy floats for its bare beauty.

Gubra. The lamps are different but the light is the same.

8 comments:

Chemistry Grad said...

hype, i love the way you relate the situation with ur own analogy ideas..
the way u stressed it so that it'd become more meaningful, easier to understand and more effect to sensitive feelings..
must be because u reading load load of books that affect ur brain in such way, so, its just natural..
u know what, ur my A. Samad Said.

Irzan said...

omg afiq, I really really really NEED to see this movie!!! I really do!!! Is there any way that I can download/get it from malaysia?

Chemistry Grad said...

ME EITHER!! KESIAN I STUCK IN NEW ZEALAND..MOVIES TAK DER CITER BEST KAT SINI LA!!!SUMER OLD ENGLISH MOVIES..LATE 6 MONTHS FROM MALAYSIA!!
LAME!!

afiq said...

no idea. But you could probably wait for the CD.. then blehla u ask ur sedare mare to send it to you.. CD will be out in a couple of weeks..

holiday calls..
cheers

Aisya S. said...

this movie sucked

afiq said...

ur entitled to your opinion....

Aisya S. said...

Hi afiq... Wow, I so did not write that comment above. That was Anisah, using my username and password! Evil girl...

But yeah, this movie really was quite bad la, I think...

I mean, sure, it's supposed to open up our eyes and whatnot, but it's not making any difference to anything!

What's the movie trying to say?
That this is Malaysia? Yea, so perhaps Malaysians are like that, so, how are our reactions supposed to be like?

Tell me again why you like this movie? I just need to know...

Oh gosh, I need to go to the loo la jap...

Unknown said...

people dont have a reason to love the movies,i can tell from your plain and dull opinion to show that what type genre that youre specifically up to.. oh btw. grown up,